Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 6


Going grocery shopping today. I feel good. A couple people mentioned I look better (not physically possible within' 6 days, so they must mean I have a new "bounce to my step" or something...)

Something I've noticed about these damn protein shakes... not good to take them when you're working by yourself!!!

It's the weekend so naturally the thought of drinking alcohol crossed my mind. I was told Bacardi & Diet is the way to go if I MUST drink... and sometimes... I must. :)

I have seemed to inspire a fellow follower of my blog to start a public record of his efforts in running. Something to keep you accountable for your actions is a GREAT way to keep you in line I've found. Believe me, already, I've wanted to swing by Dairy Queen and pick up the blizzard of the month.... but then I would have to document it. How bad does it look when you have a blog about losing weight and getting into shape with a list of documented food consisting of twigs & berries and an occasional tagalong blizzard!? Honestly, I don't feel like I've been missing out on much. I'm on a mission and it feels good to make progress each day.

It's still early in the game though, I've been down this path before and at some point I've always managed to "de-rail". Blog... don't fail me now, it's mind over matter anyway right??? Well, this helps my mind and that matters.

Food:
Breakfast - Protein Shake
Snack - Organic tortilla chips and hummus
Lunch - Turkey sandwich and an apple and beer bread
Dinner - Steak, Zucchini/Onions/Mushrooms and baked beans

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy,

    I'm so proud of your progress - you can do it. I picked up some food and John will bring it in on Monday. Make sure to do some walking on the golf course and oh by the way - NO BLIZZARDS!

    The whey protein isn't causing you frequent bathroom breaks, it's probably higher fiber in your diet. John says starting Monday it's BYOTP.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you getting all creative! Your blogging is becoming more entertaining... WOAL... Plus I noticed how you plugged your popularity...
    I guess you should get the tent ready, because if you are drinking Bacardi, you are sleeping outside.

    ReplyDelete