Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 20, 21 & 22

Well the weekend has come and gone and I haven't updated my blog in a few days. Weekends are tough trying to squeeze in a few minutes to type in a few words. In regards to the weekend happenings, It was a typical weekend full of friends, family & golf. I'm hoping my golf game gets better the more weight I lose. A friend of mine (Josh, for those who know him) was recently introduced to the game of golf and has been out a total of 3 times and has already challenged me. I told him I'd wail on him and even give him a stroke a hole... I should have said a stroke every 3rd hole! I've been playing for at least 5 years now and I can't seem to break 100, so here's to hoping.

I was good with food over the weekend with the exception of a side of fries that came with my portabello mushroom sandwich. In my defense, I tried to substitute the fries with a side salad or soup, but the waitress was determined to give me those fries saying I COULD get soup or salad, but they'd have to charge me for it and I'd still get the fries... I guess it was fate ;) I also had some weight watchers yogurt/ice cream.

Not much physical exercise over the weekend, I wanted to get out on the bike but didn't have an extra hour to spare. Monday however, I did the "600 Workout" @ VIP Fitness for boot camp. This is a killer workout where you do 600 reps of 6 or 7 different exercises (i.e. 100 jumping jacks, 25 burpees, 100 hindu squats, 50 push ups, 50 crunches, 100 mountain climbers, 50 high knees, 25 jump squats, etc., etc.....) and you're racing against the clock. My first time doing this workout was 2 weeks ago and my finish time was 26.33 minutes. This Monday's time: 17.05 minutes! I beat it by over 9 minutes! It's one thing when your clothes become more loose and baggy, and when you see the lbs. drop, but it's such a victory when you can see how much you've progressed physically. These classes are helping me lose the weight & inches, but also get into great shape, can't I just Fast Forward 6 months??? haha The rest of the workout for the hour was jump rope and a fast feet exercise. These workouts are intense, but you can't help but to feel good when you leave.... I love that place, and everyone there, they're so supportive and approachable, you really feel comfortable.

So I had been planning on getting a digital scale, but with my ridiculous schedule, by the time I think about it, it's late and I'm already glued to the couch watching teevs (that's my wife's slang for TV). Well one of my active supporters (I call her an active supporter because along with reading my blog on a regular basis, she emails for updates and encourages me that I CAN do this) bought me a scale! It's a sweet weight watchers scale, one of those real fancy ones with the glass step plate and InDiGo LCD display. (Just a side note, what sick f@#% decided to use glass as the step plate on a scale? Seriously! You know I'm stepping on this thing fully aware that I'm heavy and I've broken many-a-items by "stress testing" them, whether it be leaning on something, sitting on one of those stupid fold-out camp chairs that are only 210lb rated, now I have to step on this piece of glass that supposedly supports up to 400 lbs? I'd like to know how this was tested.) So last time I weighed myself earlier this month I was 316lbs, this morning I step onto the scale (and in the back of my mind I'm thinking "please don't break, please don't break") and I'm happy to report I'm down to 306! I'm only joking when I say I'm thinking don't break, I'm just think the concept is funny. It's high quality and definitely wasn't cheap.... Thank you Grace, I love it and look forward to using it once a week, with progress updates and thanks for the whole grain muffins too, You're gonna' go broke helping me "shift gears" in life ;) (Shameless plug hahaha)

I'm officially announcing that I'm stepping up my boot camp regiment to 3 days a week like originally planned. Starting this week, so my schedule will be M,W,Thur. Wish me luck!

Monday Food:
Breakfast - Apple & english muffin
Lunch - Chicken sandwich
Snack - Apple
Dinner - Muscle Milk protein shake

3 comments:

  1. YAY Jimmy!!! Great blog post! Very funny. Congrats on the Boot Camp PR, on the 10 lbs. Your dedication is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jimmy...sending you good luck and supportive cheers from London. Keep up the fantastic work. :-)

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Shamus. When you say "challenge you in golf", that really means pummeled!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy the 151 and two beers!

    ReplyDelete