Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 18


Today I woke up feeling a little sluggish. Maybe it had something to do with me staying up 'til 1am exploring all of my blog options, the things that hold your attention... haha. At least I know it wasn't from a hangover because I didn't drink last night, which I had originally anticipated on doing so, but for some reason when the waitress asked me what I wanted to drink (bacardi & diet coke was on my mind, like a cartoon bubble over my head) only "diet coke" came out of my mouth. I'm a little spooked by this, especially because it would've been FREE (I was at a re-wedding reception, dinner & drinks were all paid for) I never pass up free alcohol... NEVER!

My mom decided to join me for this afternoon's boot camp session @ V.I.P. Training. She canceled on me and will probably join me Monday. My wife Leah stepped up to the plate and was eager to go for her first time. I warned her to take it slow and at her own pace, I told her to make sure she remembers her hand towel and water. Her reply "I don't need no stinking towel". Are you kidding me? I made the mistake of not bringing a hand towel my first time and I sweat profusely doing nothing, a hand towel is an absolute MUST! I bet she brings one next time ;)

Leah challenged me on the warm up when we were doing our jogs and sprints, and we totally wiped ourselves out during warm up before we got to the real deal. She was a trooper and did 95% of the workout, but had to sit out a few reps due to feeling light headed. I did the same thing my first day, so I can't rag on her too much. Thanks for coming Leah! Smaller class tonight compared to other classes I've been to, 8 people tonight compared to 14+ every other time I've went.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is clear skies & sunny 'til later in the evening, so an 8.7 mile bike ride is in my forecast.

*Side Note: My left knee is aching today after my work out, I hyper extended it years ago and it's always bothered me from time to time... nothing serious, but tonight we did a lot of jumping exercises and I can feel it!

Food:
Breakfast - Banana, 2 granola bars
Lunch - Turkey Sandwich
Snack - granola bar
Dinner - Spaghetti w/ whole wheat noodles & sausage sauce

CEPSocks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment