Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 4

I couldn't do boot camp last night... it was physically impossible. I tried to do 1 simple push up in the afternoon and I couldn't do it! I went too hard too soon. So my revised work out plan will be twice a week for the first couple of weeks then bump it up to 3 times.

I talked to my trainer (Jerry @ VIP Training) he told me to "walk it off" that I should keep moving otherwise I'll just be more sore (I've got major lactic acid build up going on). Also, I'm supposed to take whey protein twice a day to help with my recovery. So last night, after my fattening lasagna dinner (thanks mom) I walked for about 30 minutes. Nothing HUGE, but the fact that I still had the motivation to get out and walk especially the way my legs were aching is progress in my book (or blog)

So I whined and complained all day yesterday about being sore and walked funny and basically was just being a wuss... then I took some advil liquid gels (Thanks for the "get un-sore" packet Leah!) and was surprised at how much LESS I was complaining.

This morning was glorious... I still felt sore, but nothing even close to how I've felt the past couple of days, so I'm ready to go at it again tonight.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement, I greatly appreciate it.

Food:
Breakfast - Oatmeal w/berries & banana
Lunch - Grilled Chicken flatbread sandwich (subway)
Dinner - Grilled Chicken sandwich / popcorn

1 comment: