Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 25

Time to get serious... I felt like shiv not going to boot camp on Wednesday and after tonights session, it's all motivation to go AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! Tonight was a cardio work out, and man, I got my ass handed to me. Started off with sprints, suicides, high knees, side shuffles, lunges and a few others I forget the names... That was just 1 of the 2 stations they had for each group. The other station had mini hurdles to do high steps through, then we did long jumps and squat jumps. I was so winded from the first station that the 2nd station was an absolute mess. I was hoping at any minute we'd go inside and do some push ups or crunches...anything but running! I give mad props to all you runners out there... I can't hang. We proceeded to do both stations TWICE before we came in for our final stretches. The very last exercise we did were the dreaded "Bear Crawls" (Mind you, we were outside in the 80 degree heat!) tonight was such an intense workout for me, I opted for a different exercise than the bear crawls. One of the other guys that's been on the same schedule as me summed it up perfectly, "You won't get me back up once I go down!" So true, so he and I did more high knees down and back.

The instructor teased us with a pass to a local spa for a free 30 minute massage. He said he only had 2 of them and they were going to the 2 people he thought was working the hardest. Had this been a year ago, I wouldn't have cared less, but in Novemeber of last year I had my first massage with my wife, and WOW... my outlook on massages have totally changed. Ends up being he had passes for everyone, thank you... thank you for thAt! Hahaha, these guys are really great.

Todays workout just goes to show that I need to step it up and go as often as I can. Twice a week is good, but I want to do better than good... I wanna' do great. They are talking about dong a 5:30am class, and that might be a better option for me so I don't have such late nights. I have to open The UPS Store @ 8, so 5:30 - 6:30 workout, VIP Fitness is 5 minutes from my house, so then that gives me an hour to have breakfast, and get ready putting me at 7:45 to leave my house to get to the store by 7:55... I have it ALL figured out, now all I have to do is actually WAKE UP in the mornings to be there by 5:30am..... I may be sticking to my late nights after all. I'll keep you posted.

Food:
Breakfast - skipped by accident
Lunch - Salad & salmon
Snack - Whole grain bread with extra virgin olive oil
Dinner - Protein shake

2 comments: