Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 27, 28 & 29


Yet another eventful weekend with a birthday party, graduation party, house painting project, and work. I was hoping to get a bike ride in at some point but I really never had the time. I have failed with riding my bike to work on the days I'm not working out... I had high hopes for that, and I still plan on doing it at some point, but I'm so busy with work and outside projects right now that I really can't justify it. Excuses, excuses :)

I'm not happy to report that this weekend was full of beer consumption with all the festivities going on, but I stuck to my good, sensible eating routine. I have my wife to thank as Saturday night we made a pit stop to 7-11 on our way back from the graduation party and I wanted pizza sticks sooo bad, instead she came back with an individual sized popcorn and some beef jerky, I was pissed! I told her I wasn't happy, but I'd thank her in the morning. Thanks again Leah!

Boot camp today was intense as usual and during the warm up session I had my ever repeating thoughts going through my mind as I'm sucking for air during these drills "This hurts, it reminds me of hell week. I need to take a break. I need water. When is this going to get easier? This is torture." but then I focused on the goals I have and why I'm doing this. Dr. Mike (From V.I.P. Training) sent out an email to everyone that detailed a technique to trick your mind into not dreading working out, but rather focus on the satisfaction you feel after a good work out. It was pretty detailed and it involved an exercise to help focus on the positive. I haven't tried the actual exercise, but the message came through crystal clear and at a good time too. These guys really know their stuff! I still have my "This is crazy!" thoughts during my work outs, but focusing on the end result is what get's me there, now 3 days a week!

Official 30 day weigh in tomorrow morning!

Food:
Breakfast - Sausage, egg & cheese biscuit (I'm going to catch hell for this)
Lunch - Grilled chicken breast & side salad
Snack - half turkey sandwich (I needed some carbs before boot camp, I was so tired)
Dinner - Protein Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment